Address Finder Senior Developer
Do you have a passion for technology and crafting software solutions? Do you want to be immersed in a strong team culture that values fun, respect, and continuous learning? Come and work in a great team on exciting projects in our Wellington office.
Addressfinder are looking for a senior developer. This is an exciting opportunity to join a great team working on an awesome tech stack.
Working in a small but growing company with a flat structure, you will report directly to the CTO and be encouraged to bring your skills and innovative mindset to this role. This position will suit someone with a keen interest in coaching and mentoring others, while continuing to grow personally. Ideally you will have an interest in infrastructure and be able to support our CTO with some goals in this area. No Scaled Agile and other buzzwords, no death by meetings.
Join our growing team in an exciting SaaS company based in the Cuba Quarter of Wellington. AddressFinder shares office space with our sister company, Abletech. We promise social events, table tennis, team lunches, fruit and great coffee. We also promise a real focus on learning and development, supporting our people in the growth of their knowledge and careers. We are remote friendly, providing a generous budget to set up your home office (we still want to see you in the flesh from time to time though. How else are you going to eat all that great food and coffee we provide?). You will also participate in the financial future of the company through our generous Employee Share Ownership Programme. Our team values of Continuous Improvement, Do the Right Thing, Support & Respect For All and Sustainable are at the heart of everything we do.
AddressFinder’s purpose is to provide online markets an efficient, dependable, premium address solution at a fair price. By doing a great job of understanding our customers’ requirements and then exceeding their expectations, we maintain beneficial long-term relationships and high levels of advocacy.
Tech stack you are going to work on:
- Web facing apps written in Ruby on Rails
- Background data processing written in Elixir
- PostgreSQL and ElasticSearch for storage and fulltext search
- Github for code hosting, CI, and CD
- Local development done in Docker on MacOS (you will get a brand new M1 Macbook), production environments run on Ubuntu.
- We use AWS services such as Route53, EC2, Cloudfront, SQS, and Lambda, but you can find a few of our servers hosted in Azure and even outside of cloud
This is what your day might look like:
- Start your day with stand up
- Use Linear.app to pick work from the backlog which you have helped scope and design
- Pair program with others, providing constructive feedback in code reviews
- Spot opportunities where you can help your team members grow by coaching and mentoring them
- Communicate efficiently over Slack about things you are working on and/or need input on
Our full job description detailing the role and responsibilities can be downloaded here.
If this opportunity excites you, and you think you’d be a good fit for this role, please send the following to email@example.com
- Cover letter
Our office is closed from 23 December 2021 and reopens 6 January 2022. Any enquiries will be responded to when we return.