Do you have a passion for technology and crafting software solutions? Do you want to be immersed in a strong team culture that values fun, respect, and continuous learning? Come and work in a great team on exciting projects in our Wellington office.
Superb opportunity to kickstart your career at Abletech. Working alongside very competent developers on real projects is probably the best thing you can do at this stage of your career.
Do you have a passion for technology and crafting software solutions? Do you want to be immersed in a strong team culture that values fun, respect, and continuous learning? Come and work in a great team on exciting projects in our Wellington office based in the Cuba Quarter. Abletech is looking for a smart enthusiastic junior developer to join our team. You’ll work on a variety of projects, building APIs and client applications. Does shipping beautiful products using leading technologies excite you? Do you want to rapidly increase your skills? If that resonates, then this is the job for you!
What you will be doing
- Collaborate with team members including UX designers, front end and back end engineers.
- Learn how to create clean and robust GraphQL and REST based API’s
- Tune your development expertise leveraging object-oriented and functional programming styles
- Write automated tests to build maintainable code
- Learn any other necessary skills on the job as needed
- Seek to develop yourself by learning new technologies and keeping up-to-date with market developments
You will be enthusiastic about technology and seek to continuously grow your technology skill sets. You will be open to learning from your peers, and also provide your perspective in solving problems.
- Familiarity with web application development
- Comfortable with a back-end programming language
- Familiarity with relational databases
- Agile mindset and collaborative approach
- Willingness to learn and a can-do attitude
- Must be a NZ resident and have a good level of written and spoken English
- Must have a relevant qualification such as a Computer Science degree, EDA qualification or similar
- Some experience with building client server web applications
- Some experience with integration into backend databases or other services
- A growing understanding of object-oriented or functional programming
Learn about Abletech https://abletech.nz. Download and review the full job description. If this opportunity excites you, and you think you’d be a good fit for this role, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter
- Academic transcript (or equivalent)
- Solution to the following programming problem in a language of your choice
Our office is closed from 23 December 2021 and reopens 6 January 2022. Any enquiries will be responded to when we return.
Applications close 17 January 2022
For the numbers 1 to 100, print a string for each number as per the following rules: If the number is divisible by 3, print ‘Foo’ If the number is divisible by 5, print ‘Bar’ If the number is divisible by 3 and 5, print ‘FooBar’ If the number is not divisible by 3 or 5, print the number